Thursday, February 01, 2007

Your computer can run Vista - with a new driver or six


Here I am sitting in front of my brand new Dell Latitude notebook complete with Core 2 Duo processor cranked up to 2GHz, 2GB RAM and the latest integrated graphics chip. Sitting beside the notebook is a brand new boxed copy of Windows Vista Ultimate donated by Microsoft for evaluation at the media launch. That shiny new black curved box looks so chic and classy, so why haven't I removed the shrink wrap yet?

The problem is that like all well behaved users contemplating an upgrade to Vista I've just done a system scan to determine whether my computer is up to the task. The good news is that, according to Microsoft, it is. It can run any version of Vista, Aero interface, Flip 3-D and all. The bad news is that the story doesn't end there


The Vista Upgrade Advisor program tells me: "There are no known system issues preventing you from upgrading to Windows Vista."


Before I have a chance to do a handspring, however, I catch myself and realize that there is a troubling word in the above sentence. The word is "known".


Source: itwire.com.au
Vista by ReynoldsM 2

Tags: notebook | news | CHIP | Brand | windows | Vista | Upgrade | Technology | Microsoft

No comments: